Happy new year! Whether you’re preparing a midnight church service, meditating on Scripture with your family, or entering your prayer closet, here are 12 bible verses for the new year. We pray that the new year would be a rich experience of God’s holy love for you personally, your family, your neighborhood, your church, and all of creation.
1) “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19 (NIV)
2) “Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.” Romans 13:11 (ESV)
3) “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Psalm 90:12 (NIV)
4) “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
5) “Brothers and sisters, I myself don’t think I’ve reached it, but I do this one thing: I forget about the things behind me and reach out for the things ahead of me. The goal I pursue is the prize of God’s upward call in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14 (CEB)
6) “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
7) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding;think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (HCSB)
8) “…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
9) “Seek the Lord and his strength,seek his presence continually.Remember the wonderful works he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered.” 1 Chronicles 16:11-12 (NRSV)
10) “The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness,he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 (ESV)
11) “The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” Lamentations 3:22-24 (NASB)
12) Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received! We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you—your tickets to participation in the life of God after you turned your back on a world corrupted by lust. 2 Peter 1:3-4 (MSG)
Awesome verses. Thanks for sharing them!