This icebreaker is a great way to have some fun, help students get to know each other, and fill some time. All you need is some music and you’re ready. (Note: There is dancing involved!)
- A room with space for dancing around
- Music such as a Spotify list or random playlist with general danceable music (or not).
- A few ideas of things you can ask kids to share – keep it simple this is an icebreaker not a small group discussion. For example: favorite ice cream flavor, movie seen most recently, favorite family vacation spot, etc.
The game begins with you playing some great dancing music. Once the music starts, everyone begins dancing around the room (not in place). Once the music stops, they must group up with the four or five students closest to them and answer whatever question you shout out.
After a minute or two, repeat until the ice is adequately broken.
- Holiday Music themes
- Genre themes: country, 80s rock, etc.
- Organize questions so they lead somewhere for a later discussion